20 August 2011

Losing Weight

Since I got sick, I have gained about 7 to 10 kg (15 to 20 lbs). I don't know exactly, because I never bothered weighing myself back then. I'm 156 lbs now, or 71 kg. Not obese, but definitely overweight, and at the point where the extra weight is uncomfortable to carry around. So I'm trying to lose weight without being able to exercise, and without having the energy to prepare as much as a bowl of cereal some days.

Yes, this will be a challenge. My dream goal is to get down to 65 kg / 145 lbs. My realistic goal is to get below 70 kg and stay there. If I gain any more weight, I will need all new clothes, which means spoons expended on shopping and ordering and returning what doesn't fit and... ugh. DO NOT WANT!

So the posts tagged with 'diet' will be what I'll be trying and learning from along the way. Join me on this journey, won't you?  ☼

2 comments:

  1. Weight is always a problem for the chronically ill and getting exercise is always a huge hurdle. Eating properly is hard, too, as you know, whether it be no spoons to prepare it or no "stomach" for it. Trust me when I say that crackers and gatoraide for 6 months gets really really hard to get down and keep down even though nothing else can pass the lips. o__0
    And adding insult to injury is the fact that I sill need to lose that 5-10 lbs that fibro meds and inactivity added. You'd think that if I haven't been able to eat real food that I would at least have a nice svelt body to show for it...not so!
    Oh well.....it is just the wind. : )
    And I will be happy to join you on your journey of a healthy weight, if not a healthy bod. ; p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally commiserate. I'm the heaviest I've ever been, at 135-140 pounds on my tiny 5'2 frame. My goal is to drop 20 pounds before Christmas through diet alone; my target weight is 120 pounds, but at this point I'd be happy to get down to 130 again and stay there. I've had to replace all my pairs of pants, it was miserable having to do that. Honestly I wouldn't even care about the actual number of my weight provided I could have a flat stomach! I could forgive a lot, I could learn to like being curvy, but I want a flat stomach!!! Know that I'll be trying to eat healthier too!

    ReplyDelete