29 September 2011

Thankful Thursday

This edition is 'Thankful for x, even though y'

I just got back from my GP appointment, and I'm very thankful that he is compassionate and has never tried to deny the existence of any of my symptoms, even though there's very little he can do about them.

I'm thankful that the new ESA descriptors should make me eligible for the support group, and that my GP agreed with me, even though I still have to go through the ATOS assessment and might have to travel to their horrible office in another town to do it if they don't agree to a home visit (which they rarely do).

I'm thankful that my dog's daily dose of joint vitamins and anti-inflammatories has completely returned her to her previous frisky and happy state, even though it means she wants me to play with her more now and I can't.

I'm thankful that there are so many wonderful blogs and twitter accounts and books about chronic illness, even though I can't read as many as I want to.

I'm thankful that there is more research being done now about M.E., even though the hopes that were raised by XMRV seem to be dashed.

I'm thankful for the International Consensus Criteria, even though there will still be a fight to get it accepted by the NHS/NICE.

I'm thankful for webcomics, even though there are more awesome ones out there than I could ever read.

I'm thankful for Thankful Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment