24 November 2012

Day 24: #ListOf3

Day 24 – Saturday, Nov. 24
Write a TV episode of your favorite show that features someone with your condition. What do you want people to know?
OR
“If I had more than 24 hours in a day…” (Or unlimited spoons or funds)

I don't watch enough television for the first topic, and the second would just hurt too much to write. So I went back to previous prompts and found a topic I haven't used yet.

Write a #ListOf3 Things that you’re thankful for / excited about / or inspired by

I'm thankful for: (Since I wrote about thankfulness two days ago, I'll make this more challenging by choosing three things that weren't mentioned in that post.)
  1. Silly internet pictures. They make me happy.
  2. Television subtitling. It makes it possible for me to sometimes watch television and actually follow what is going on.
  3. Doctor Who. Pretty much the only television I watch, except for the cooking shows that my husband watches that I peer in on.
 I'm excited by:
  1. The Hobbit movie. I want to see it in the cinema in a few weeks. But if that doesn't work out, I'll at least get to see it on DVD before long, and it looks like it will be amazing.
  2. Rituximab. I know that even if this treatment pans out as the treatment for M.E., it will still be years before it's available to me. I try not to dwell on it and get my hopes upp. But I want it to be true.
  3. Next summer's trip to the US. I had to skip a year because of moving in 2012, but I look forward to going in 2013!
I'm inspired by:

I struggled with this question for some time, before I realized that... I don't really feel "inspired" by things. There are people and things that I admire, but inspire? It just didn't feel right. So I looked up the definition for "inspire".
Inspire verb (used with object)
1. to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers.
2. to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
3. to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
4. to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
5. to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future. 

And that's my problem. Everything about the word suggests action. If a person or idea inspired me, then it would animate me or influence me into doing something. All of my action, all of my 'doing', is devoted to protecting what little there is of my health and maintaining my ties with friends and family. All of it. There is nothing for inspiration to do. So it doesn't.

But since that's a sad note to end on, here is a silly internet picture:

#NHBPM

No comments:

Post a Comment