29 November 2012

Day 29: Blessings

Pretty!
Day 29 – Thursday, Nov. 29
“If I could accomplish one thing (anything) in 2013 it would be…”
OR
Write about unexpected blessings of your health condition? Or how being a patient / caregiver has changed you

  • Being wheelchair-bound means I can wear the pretty shoes rather than the comfortable ones.
  • Related: I no longer have callouses on my feet.
  • I get out of doing the dishes. What? That's a legitimate blessing!
  • I never would have discovered Buddhist meditation if I hadn't gotten sick.
  • I don't have to wake up to an alarm clock.
  • Commuting stress? Looking for parking? Not a problem - I surrendered my driver's license!
  • No yearly performance reviews.
  • I get to spend more time with my husband.
  • I've learned just how tough and badass I am as I face my continued frailty.
  • I'm here when my husband needs painkiller gel rubbed on his back.
  • We've started reading to each other. Yes, we could have done it when I was healthy, but we never had. It wasn't until other forms of together activity became too much that we settled on this.
  • Going bra-less most of the time.
  • Living slow.
  • Needing full time care from my husband means I can never doubt how devoted he is to me or how strong our marriage is.
#NHBPM



 

2 comments:

  1. Again, you show such profound wisdom and a delightful sense of humor. Making lemonade out of lemons??? You have made a lushious lemon cheesecake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I never thought of how you can wear pretty shoes instead of comfortable ones!

    ReplyDelete